The private treatment center for women with addictions to alcohol and drugs, Sanford House, was originally built in 1847 by Samuel Sanford. The 168-year-old pillard landmark has since been remodeled and restored, while still maintaining the original character. Rae and David Green, the owners of the center, have invested over $1 million dollars in the remodeling process.
The Greens have worked hard at making sure Sanford House is a comfortable and easy place for women to do the hard work that they have to do while there. Some of the other impressive features of the house include a gallery-style kitchen, oak flooring, a library which leads out to the front porch, five bedrooms, an outpatient center and large front pillars, which serve as the home’s signature.